The work included the construction of a 380 acre container terminal that will be operated by private concessionaire. The main quay (No’ 6) situated at a water depth of 17.3m and is intended for Maersk Lines EEE class ships of TEU Capacity of 18,000 tons. The work includes infrastructure and final pier development.
Description of work
- Dredging work – sea bed excavation of 15.5 million cubic meters (Clay soil in different types, gravel and sand for backfill)
- Caissons manufacturing – caissons construction (float method) and placing them on their final position.
- Sheet piles driving – 65 meter wide piers of 2106 meters total length.
- Main Breakwater construction – building a rubble mound 882 meters breakwater (up to -17m depth), including different kind of rocks and concrete cubes.
- Crown Wall Superstructure – building a 7.5m height 1140m length superstructure on the breakwater (above rubble mound and caissons)
- Bored pile – construction of 1882 bored piles (up to 37m depth)
- Fascia beam – reinforcing and casting
- Land reclamation of 10.1 million cubic meters and after that vibrocompaction and ground improvement.